1. Which of the following cups/trophies is associated with the game of cricket?
(A) Davis Cup (B) Agha Khan Cup (C) Wimbledon Cup
(D) Nehru Cup (E) Ranji Trophy (Ans : E)
2. Which of the following terms is used in the game of football?
(A) Penalty (B) Cover Point (C) Cox (D) Bull’s Eye (E) Half Nelson (Ans : A)
3. Which of the following combinations of the name of countries and their capitals is NOT correct?
(A) Bangladesh-Dhaka (B) Afghanistan-Kabul (C) Canada-Ottawa
(D) China-Beijing (E) Italy-Milan (Ans : E)
4. Which of the following instruments is used to measure intensity of earthquakes?
(A) Seismograph (B) Periscope (C) Manometer
(D) Galvanometer (E) Dynamometer (Ans : A)
5. Who amongst the following is the author of the book “The Miracle of Democracy : India’s Amazing Journey” ?
(A) Mr. Nandan Nilekani (B) Mr. T. S. Krishnamurthy (C) Mr. Madhav Godbole
(D) Mr. Gopal Krishna Pillai (E) None of these (Ans : B)
6. Who amongst the following was the first elected President of the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal ?
(A) Ram Baran Yadav (B) B.P. Koirala (C) Madhav Kumar Nepal
(D) Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’ (E) None of these (Ans : A)
7. National Sports Day is observed on which of the following days ?
(A) 20th August (B) 29th August (C) 19th July (D) 29th July (E) 20th September (Ans : B)
8. Which of the following States is amongst the top five power-selling States in India ?
(A) Meghalaya (B) Chhattisgarh (C) Maharashtra (D) Kerala (E) Rajasthan (Ans : B)
9. ………… is the rate of which the central bank of a country (Reserve Bank of India) lends money to commercial banks in the event of any shortfall of funds.
(A) Repo Rate (B) Cash Reserve Ratio (C) Bank Rate
(D) Statutory Liquidity Ratio (E) Reverse Repo Rate (Ans : A)
10. How does a decrease in SLR affect the market ?
(A) CRR goes up (B) Liquidity decreases (C) CRR goes down
(D) Liquidity increases (E) Both A and B (Ans : D)