English General Knowledge Questions and Answers
71. In which Part of the Constitution of India, relations between the Union and States have been mentioned?
(a) Part X (b) Part XI (c) Part XIV (d) Part XV (Ans : b)
72. If the President and the Vice-President of India both have resigned, who will act as the President?
(a) Speaker of the Lok Sabha (b) Prime Minister
(c) Home Minister (d) Chief Justice of the Supreme Court (Ans : d)
73. Which of the following Directive Principles of State Policy was added to the Constitution at a later date?
(a) organisation of village panchayats (b) prohibition of cow slaughter
(c) free legal aid (d) uniform civil code (Ans : c)
74. ‘Judicial Activism’ in India is related to–
(a) committed judiciary (b) public interest petition
(c) judicial review (d) judicial independence (Ans : b)
75. In the Union Budget of 2015-16, which one of the following pension schemes has been reintroduced?
(a) Ram Manohar Lohia Pension Yojana (b) Pradhan Mantri Pension Yojana
(c) Atal Pension Yojana (d) Nirantar Pension Yojana (Ans : c)
76. In the Union Budget of 2015-16, the FDI limit of equity in case of insurance companies has been raised to–
(a) 49% (b) 76% (c) 81 % (d) 99% (Ans : a)
77. What is ‘Shadow Banking’?
(a) Outsourcing of banking work by a bank
(b) Financial transactions and other activities of non-banking financial intermediary
(c) Domestic banks’ foreign operations
(d) Foreign bank operating in another country for banking and other activities (Ans : b)
78. Which among the following are multinational corporations working in India?
1. Hindustan Lever Limited 2. Samsung Corporation
3. Guest Keen and Williams Pharam 4. LG
Select your answer using the codes given below:
(a) 1, 2, 3 and 4 (b) 2 and 4 (c) 2, 3 and 4 (d) 1 and 3 (Ans : a)
79. The density of population in India–
(a) has continuously increased (b) is approximately constant
(c) has mildly declined (d) has first increased and then declined since 1991 (Ans : a)
80. Which one of the following decades in Indian Planning deserves to be called ‘The Decade of Jobless Growth’?
(a) 1971-1980 (b) 1991-2000 (c) 2001-2010 (d) 2005-2015 (Ans : b)
81. The folk dance of Meghalaya is–
(a) Nati (b) Loho (c) Bamboo dance (d) Khantum (Ans : b)
82. Who was awarded Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the year 2014?
(a) Guizar (b) Shashi Kapoor (c) Pran (d) Lata Mangeshkar (Ans : b)
83. ‘Uttar Pradesh Council of Agricultural Research’ is located at–
(a) Meerut (b) Bulandshahar (c) Lucknow (d) Gorakhpur (Ans : c)
84. ‘Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants’ is located at–
(a) Chitrakut (b) Saharanpur (c) Kanpur (d) Lucknow (Ans : d)
85. Potato Research Institute’ in Uttar Pradesh is located in the district–
(a) Farrukhabad (b) Meerut (c) Kanpur (d) Allahabad (Ans : b)
86. Which one of the following is the most productive soil in India?
(a) Red soil (b) Black soil (c) Alluvial soil (d) Calcareous soil (Ans : c)
87. Generally Orobanche weed is found in–
(a) tobacco field (b) gram field (c) rice field (d) wheat field (Ans : a)
88. The highest protein content is found in the grain of–
(a) black gram (b) pigeon pea (c) field pea (d) soyabean (Ans : d)
89. Which one of the following is not included in the working capital of a farm?
(a) Seed (b) Fertilizer (c) Irrigation water (d) Land revenue (Ans : c)
90. The proper seed rate for transplanting of Basmati rice is–
(a) 45-50 kg/ha (b) 20-30 kg/ha (c) 15-20 kg/ha (d) 5-10 kg/ha (Ans : b)
91. Devaluation of ‘Mudra’–
(a) increases the imports and exports of a country
(b) decreases the imports and exports of a country
(c) increases the exports and decreases the imports of a country
(d) increases the imports and decreases the exports of a country (Ans : c)
92. Which one of the following NBFCs has been granted license by the RBI to open commercial bank by March 31, 2015?
(a) Reliance Capital (b) Bajaj Capital (c) IDFC (d) IFCI (Ans : c)
93. Long-term fiscal policy was announced by which Finance Minister of India?
(a) VP Singh (b) P. Chidambaram (c) Dr. Manmohan Singh (d) Yashwant Sinha (Ans : a)
94. Which one of the following is a Direct tax?
(B) Sales tax (b) Excise duty (c) Customs duty (d) Wealth tax (Ans : d)
95. The RBI does not transact the business of which State government?
(a) Nagaland (b) Jammu and Kashmir (c) Punjab (d) Assam (Ans : b)
96. Income tax in India was introduced by–
(a) Sir Charles Wood (b) Lord MacHale (c) James Wilson (d) William Jones (Ans : c)
97. What is the maximum limit of gratuity payable under the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972?
(a) Rs. 3 lakh (b) Rs. 7.50 lakh (c) Rs. 10 lakh (d) Rs. 10.50 lakh (Ans : c)
98. A ‘PAN’ has initially a five-alphabet series like AFZPK 7190 K. Here P stands for–
(a) individual (b) firm (c) Hindu undivided family (d) association of persons (Ans : a)
99. In 2011, micro-finance institutions were installed on the recommendation of–
(a) Malegam Committee (b) Goiporia Committee (c) Rangarajan Committee (d) Banking Reforms Committee (Ans : a)
100. Which one of the following is true for ‘Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana’?
Accident Insurance – Life Insurance
(a) Rs.100000 – Rs. 30000
(b) Rs.30000 – Rs. 100000
(c) Rs.30000 – Rs. 10000
(d) Rs.130000 – Rs. 100000 (Ans : a)