- MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TOURIST DESTINATIONS FOR 2017
- Mumbai has been ranked among the World’s top Tourists destinations for 2017.
- According to a survey, Mumbai has recorded increased volume of tourists and the most searched destinations in comparison to last year.
Top 3 destination:
- Reykjavik, Iceland
- Cairns, Australia
- Savannah, US
- SEBI RELAXES NORMS FOR ANGEL INVESTORS
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India has relaxed the rules for angel funds in order to boost more investment for new start-ups in the country.
- Angel investors are financiers who put money in new companies at the early stage of start-up of companies, mostly in exchange for convertible debt or ownership equity.
iii. The market regulator has raised the total number of angel investors to invest in a start-ups to 200 from 49.
- MANOJ BAJPAYEE AWARDED BEST PERFORMANCE AWARD AT 16 ASIA PACIFIC SCREEN AWARD
- Bollywood actor Manoj Bajpayee won the Best Performance Award by an Actor at the 10th Asia Pacific Screen Awards, held in Brisbane.
- The event was hosted by Australian actor David Wenham and presenter Anjali Rao.
iii. Manoj was awarded for his role as Professor Siras in “Aligarh”.
- Asia Pacific Screen Awards is the highest award for films in Asia Pacific region .
- NALANDA UNIVERSITY CHANCELLOR GEORGE YEO RESIGNS FROM POST
- The Chancellor of Nalanda University George Yeo resigned his post
- The President approved giving temporary charge of Vice Chancellor to current VC Gopa Sabharwal’s
iii. Nalanda University is located in Rajgir, Bihar and it was proposed by A. P. J. Abdul Kalam in 2006.
- HURRICANE & EARTHQUAKE SIMULTANEOUSLY ATTACKED CENTRAL AMERICA
- Two natural disasters including a powerful hurricane and an offshore earthquake hit the Central America simultaneously
- Initially 175 km per hour destruction storm, Hurricane Otto, hit Nicaragua’s southern Caribbean coast.
iii. An hour later, an earthquake, with a magnitude of 7.0 hit El Salvador in the Pacific Ocean.