- INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYMPIAD
- Team “High Voltage” from India (Gurugram) won a silver in the 13th World Robot Olympiad.
- Over 2,000 students from over 50 countries showcased innovative solutions using robotics technology to reduce, manage and recycle waste.
- INDIA BEAT MALAYSIA TO FINISH THIRD IN FOUR NATIONS HOCKEY TOURNAMENT
- Indian Hockey team defeated Malaysia in the third-place playoff match to secure bronze in the 4 Nations Tournament in Melbourne.
- Akashdeep, captain VR Raghunath, Talwinder Singh and Rupinder Pal Singh scored goals for the country.
- ICICI BANK’S ADOPTED AKODARA VILLAGE BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DIGITAL VILLAGE
- A tiny village Akodara in Sabarkantha district of Gujarat has become the first Digital Village in India.
- The village is adopted by the ICICI Bank under Digital Village project in 2015 that developed it as a digitized village with a rural branch of the bank.India’s First Digital Village
iii. The campaign was committed to connect rural India with high speed internet networks, create a digital infrastructure, and improve digital literacy in the country.
- ANDHRA PRADESH CM CHANDRABABU NAIDU TO HEAD CMS COMMITTEE ON DEMONETISATION
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu has been nominated by the Central Government to head the sub-committee of Chief Ministers of five States constituted to deal with the situation arising out of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 denomination notes.
- Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley requested Chandrabab Naidu to head the committee which would study various aspects after demonetization and how it has affected different sections of the people.
iii. Chief Ministers Sivaraj Singh Chauhan, Nitish Kumar, Narayana Swamy and Manik Sirkar will be the other members
- The main aims is to stop the Opposition’s attack on the Centre’s demonetization decision.
- The Opposition organised ‘Jan Aakrosh Diwas’ on November 28 to protest against the move.
- ASIA’S FIRST CYCLE HIGHWAY INAUGURATED IN UP
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has inaugurated India’s first and Asia’s longest bicycle highway between Agra and Etawah in UP.
- A rally of 90 cyclists from five countries and across India followed the inauguration ceremony at the Lion Safari in Etawah.
- TELANGANA VILLAGE RENAMED ‘KAVITHAPURAM’
- Villagers of Khanapur in Telangana’s Nizamabad district have renamed their village as ‘Kavithapuram’ after the daughter of CM K Chandrasekhar Rao.
- The residents of Khanapur gram panchayat passed the resolution as a “token of reverence” towards TRS MP Kalvakuntla Kavitha.
iii. She helped the villagers when they were displaced by the Sri Ram Sagar reservoir on Godavari River.