16. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
(States) – (Major Hydel-Power Station)
(A) Gujarat – Tawa
(B) Rajasthan – Jawhar Sagar
(C) West Bengal – Panchet Hill
(D) Madhya Pradesh – Khopoli (Ans : D)
17. Which one of the following tribes belongs to Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand ?
(A) Itnar (B) Tharu (C) Bhil (D) Munda (Ans : B)
18. Badrinath is located in–
(A) Kumaun Himalaya (B) Central Himalaya (C) Himadri (D) Trans-Himalaya (Ans : A)
19. Who among the following pre-pared a scientific classification of forests?
(A) H. G. Champion (B) K. V. Sundaram (C) B. L. Sukhwal (D) L. D. Stamp (Ans : A)
20. The eastern most place of India is located in the State of–
(A) Mizoram (B) Meghalaya (C) Arunachal Pradesh (D) Nagaland (Ans : C)
21. ‘Kevti’ Waterfall is located in which of the following districts?
(A) Rewa (B) Rohtas (C) Ranchi (D) Jabalpur (Ans : A)
22. Largest bauxite producing State in India (2014) is–
(A) Jharkhand (B) Rajasthan (C) Odisha (D) Tamil Nadu (Ans : C)
23. The ‘Wage good strategy’ of development was formulated by–
(A) Amartya Sen (B) C. Vakil (C) P. C. Mahalanobis (D) J. Bhagwati (Ans : B)
24. Who among the following represented India in the International Yoga Day Celebrations held in New York on 21st June, 2015 ?
(A) Uma Bharati (B) Sumitra Mahajan (C) Sushma Swaraj (D) Vasundhara Raje (Ans : C)
25. Consider the statements–
Assertion (A) : The State Election Commission is appointed by the State Government.
Reason (R) : It has the responsibility of holding elections to the Panchayati Raj institutions. Select the correct answer using the codes given below–
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true (Ans : D)
26. How many Nations had signed the Charter of United Nations on 26th June, 1945 ?
(A) 64 (B) 61 (C) 52 (D) 51 (Ans : D)
27. How many women members were there in the Indian Constituent Assembly?
(A) 10 (B) 12 (C) 13 (D) 15 (Ans : D)
28. To whom among the following did Buddha preach his last sermon?
(A) Subhadda (B) Anand (C) Yash (D) Gautami (Ans : A)
29. From which site of prehistoric age, evidence of cremating pet-dog with man has been found?
(A) Koldihawa (B) Panchoh (C) Burzhome (D) Gufkaral (Ans : C)
30. Which of the Indian States had diarchy system of government at the time of Alexander’s invasion?
(A) Patal (B) Fegela (C) Gandaris (D) Siboi (Ans : A)