1. Which of the following is not a part of India’s Money Market ?
(A) Bill Markets (B) Call Money Market (C) Banks (D) Indian Gold Council (Ans : D)
2. Which of the following States introduced a high-tech foodgrain rationing system to ensure timely supply of the foodgrains to people living below poverty line ?
(A) Maharashtra (B) Tamil Nadu (C) Delhi (D) Karnataka (Ans : D)
3. Barack Hussain Obama belongs to which of the following political parties ?
(A) Republican (B) Democratic (C) Labour
(D) American National Congress (Ans : B)
4. Which of the following State Governments had announced that it would provide a special package of incentives to Employment Intensive Industries?
(A) Punjab (B) Karna taka (C) Bihar
(D) Uttar Pradesh (Ans : C)
5. Who amongst the following is the author of the book “The Exile” ?
(A) B. G. Verghese (B) Philip Roth (C) Aravind Adiga
(D) Navtej Saran (Ans : D)
6. Which of the following is not a fertilizer product ?
(A) Urea (B) Murate of Potash (C) Di Ammonium Phosphate
(D) Calcium Carbonate (Ans : D)
7. Which of the following programmes is being implemented in all the districts of the country ?
(A) Sarva Siksha Abhiyan (B) Navodaya Vidyalay (C) Ultra Mega Power Project
(D) None of ‘these (Ans : D)
8. The Government of India decided to provide a bonus price of Rs. 50 per quintal on which of the following products over and above its minimum support price of Rs. 850 per quintal?
(A) Wheat (B) Paddy (C) Sugarcane
(D) Cotton (Ans : B)
9. Which of the following services is not provided by the post offices in India?
(A) Savings Bank Scheme (B) Retailing of Mutual Funds (C) Sale of Stamp Papers (Judicial)
(D) Issuance of Demand Drafts (Ans : B)
10. Which of the following diseases is not covered under Integrated Disease Surveillance project ?
(A) Cholera (B) Tuberculosis (C) AIDS
(D) Polio (Ans : A)
11. Who amongst the following is the author of the book “The Namesake” ?
(A) Vikram Seth (B) V. S. Naipaul (C) Arun Bhagat
(D) Jhumpa Lahiri (Ans : D)
12. Dronacharya Award is given for excellence in–
(A) Literary work (B) Social service (C) Coaching in sports
(D) Journalism (Ans : C)
13. India’s Space Rocket Launching Centre is in–
(A) Port Blair (B) Hassan (C) Tirupati
(D) Sriharikota (Ans : D)
14. Besides USA, India has signed Nuclear Agreement with which of the following countries and is named as “Cooperation Agreement for Peaceful Uses, of Nuclear Energy” ?
(A) Italy (B) Germany (C) France
(D) Canada (Ans : C)
15. ‘Merdeka Cup’ is associated with the game of–
(A) Badminton (B) Football (C) Hockey
(D) Golf (Ans : B)